Electronic Document and Records Management Information System Validation Procedures
Most government agencies to perform document and records management computerization for complying with Archives Act and related regulations, of which difficulties in information technologies regarding online retrieval, electronic records preservation, digital content encapsulation without practical implementation examples as to the diverse outcomes. In the light of standardization of the functionality of document and records management information system functionality, National Archives Administration set up the Document and Records Management Information System Validation Mechanism and Procedures.
Purposes of the Validation Mechanism
• Provide practical examples to assist government agencies and system developers design the functionality of their document and records management information system functionality easier.
• Formulate the design of system to comply with current document and records regulations.
• Standardize the electronic document and records management for transferring more convenient among agencies.
• Ensure the integrity, authenticity and accessibility of electronic records in long-term preservation environment to comply with the primary components of information security.
What kinds of systems need to be validated?
• The document and records management packages were developed by software firms.
• The document and records management systems were developed by government agencies.
• The customized document and records management for government agencies were developed by software firms.
Notification: Government Agencies that employ a document and records management system provided by their supervised agency should not apply for the validation. It will be practical that their supervised agency or system providers apply for the validation.
Effectiveness of Validation
• Provide assistance for government agencies to ensure the functionality of document and records management systems completely comply with related archive's laws and regulations.
• Ensure electronic records to comply with regulations and avoid risk of electronic records in long-term preservation.
• Enhance records manager's awareness of computer technology, which will be helpful to keep electronic records with safety.
How to apply for a validation?
• Find out the website (https://archives.cisanet.org.tw) to get more information.
• Information Service Industry Association of R.O.C. 886-2-2553- 3988 ext. 393
Fee of validation
• NAA EDRMS-1 : 2015 : NT$50,000
• NAA EDRMS-2A : 2015 : NT$20,000
• NAA EDRMS-2B : 2015 : NT$20,000
• NAA EDRMS-2A : 2015 + NAA EDRMS-2B : 2015: NT$25,000
• NAA EDRMS-1 : 2015 + NAA EDRMS-2A : 2015 + NAA EDRMS-2B : 2015: NT$50,000
Schedule of validating
• Completing validation procedures within 30 days after accepting application, except the applicant could not comply with our regulations.
• System operating validation (NAA EDRMS-1 : 2015/ NAA EDRMS-1 : 2015 + NAA EDRMS-2A : 2015 + NAA EDRMS- 2B : 2015) duration is 3 days.
• System operating validation (NAA EDRMS-2A : 2015 / NAA EDRMS-2B/ NAA EDRMS-2A : 2015 + NAA EDRMS-2B) duration is 1 day.
• The auditor committee will review the outcome of functionality validation, we will issue certificate formally according to the approval of committee.
Renewal of validation certificate
• Only if the related regulations of the document and records management system related, or system functionality to violated the related regulations, it will be necessary to renew the certificate.
Scope of system functionality validation
• The exchange format, digital signature and approval of electronic document.
• The collection and confirmation of electronic records.
• The preservation of electronic records.
• The disposal of electronic records.
• The retrieval and application of electronic records.
• The features of search.
• The features of Statistic reports.
• The conversion of electronic data.
• The auditing and security of electronic records.